Student Journalists: PNoy’s snub over Sabah is treachery to Filipinos

Last March 6, 2013, student groups led by Kabataan Partylist together with College Editors Guild of the Phillippines and National Union of Students of the Philippines held an indignation protest to condemn the bloodbath in Sabah.

Today is a tragedy for our brothers and sisters in Sabah as our government continues to ignore their claim over the land.” Said Anna Patricia Santos, VP for Luzon-CEGP.

Rightful claim over Sabah and the call of our Muslim brothers are not our President’s priority. He even refutes the claim and told the Sultan of Sulu to surrender without even consulting if the claim is legitimate.

Claim over Sabah had more historical and political evidences than the claim in Spratly and Scarborough but the government’s reaction is to ignore and even aggravate the situation.” added Santos.

The students wore white ribbons and lighted candles to call for justice and for the violence on our fellow Filipinos in Sabah to stop.

We call upon President Aquino to put this bloodbath to an end and pay attention to the claim over Sabah. Enough Filipino blood had been shed on the disputed land over the years.” said Santos, “It’s treachery to Filipinos to be bystanders when our countrymen is under attack.”###2013-03-06 18.09.31 2013-03-06 18.10.30

jervis_misti@mailxu.com